I was looking for some simple dessert recipes and found this easy to make recipe for Mango Ice cream. It took just 15 mins for me to whip up the entire thing. Something light, summery and easy to make.
To make this you will need:
2 ripe Mangoes
1 + 1/4 cup thickened cream
About 4 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
handful of pistachio nuts, to sprinkle while serving.
1.Peel and chop the mangoes and puree that.
2.Take a wide pan and add the thickened cream to it.
3. Add the mango puree to the thickened cream and blend it until it is mixed well.
4. Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5.Freeze it for 6 hrs or more
6. Take it out and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving,
7. I served mine with some chopped pistachio nuts sprinkled on top.
1. Heavy whipped cream in US is the same as thickened cream in New Zealand/Australia
2.Adjust mango puree/condensed milk for your taste
3.I do not have an ice cream maker, So i depended just on freezing to make the ice cream, I took mine out of the freezer after the first two hrs, stirred it very well and put it back so to avoid ice crystals being formed.
4. If the ice cream is frozen way ahead of your time to serve, take it out of the freezer and put it in the chiller section 2 hrs before serving. This way you will get perfect scoops, and no ice chips.